In case you missed me mentioning it this time last year, I looooove peppermint bark everything. Heavy on the peppermint! I am, however, aware that I am in the minority in loving my peppermint bark more peppermint than chocolate. That makes these Chocolate Peppermint Bark Biscotti perfect for sharing!
All Things Chocolate Peppermint Bark Biscotti
My favorite thing about biscotti is that the base isn’t overly sweet. This means I can add all the sweet that I want, or not, as a topping. Seriously, how festive do these Chocolate Peppermint Bark Biscotti look? Am I right or am I right?
Because sharing is exactly what the spirit of the holiday is all about, I always double my batch. That way I can keep all the ones that have broken ends and share all the pretties!
Do You Dip Your Biscotti?
What is your favorite way to have biscotti? Dipped in your coffee, a warm and creamy hot chocolate or dunked full on in a tall glass of milk? Either way, these Chocolate Peppermint Bark Biscotti are sure to be a hit to any holiday party. Can I just mention they are divine dipped in a peppermint bark martini….just sayin’!
Now, here’s the thing, biscotti are easy to make. Mix, form, bake, cool a little, cut, bake and bake again. Easy, but time consuming for a single batch and that is exactly why I always double it! Plus it’s super awesome to share! The key to biscotti, is to be ok with every piece NOT being perfect! Pieces are going to break off when you make those first few cuts into the larger loaf. You just have to be okay with it. These don’t have to be the ones you share, right? And if you have really great friends, they totally won’t care anyway.
Thank goodness I have really really great friends because I break pieces all the time. Now BAKE!
Chocolate Peppermint Bark Biscotti
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cups unsweetened cocoa powder I used Extra Dark
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup white chocolate melting chocolate wafers
- 3-4 candy canes smashed into bits
- ½ cup perppermint crunch baking chips by Andes
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter until smooth, then add sugar until fully incorporated. Add eggs, while continuing to blend. Add vanilla.
- Slowly add dry ingredients, continuing to blend just until combined.
- Divide dough in half and form into two logs lengthwise on parchment lined baking sheet. Gently flatten until dough is roughly 1½" tall. Try to keep the logs roughly even from end to end.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until dough feels firm to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Carefully transfer the baked logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut log into ¾" thick slices. Lay the biscotti, cut side down on the baking sheets and return to the oven. Bake 9 minutes on one side. Remove and turn all the bisoctti over and bake on the second side 9 minutes. Place on cooling rack.
- While biscotti are cooling, melt your white chocolate per instructions if using wafers, otherwise melt them at 50% power in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted.
- Dip, drizzle or spread (on one side) the melted white chocolate onto each biscotti. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and Andes peppermint bits as desired.
- Allow the white chocolate to set fully before packaging biscotti in air tight container or individual packages if you are sharing with friends!
Looking for more Peppermint Bark ideas? Check out my Peppermint Bark Meringue Kisses or my Peppermint Bark Panna Cotta….see I told you I love #allthingspeppermintbark! Want to see more ideas? Head on over to my Pinterest today!